Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Friday, March 21, 2014

I Can Do The Impossible Because I Got Faith

 
Hi guys! Welcome to my FIRST official blog post! Therefore, this week, I have had some troubles with not feeling adequate. Some girls were acting mean to me and I didn't even do anything to them! Also for those that don't know about me, I am a nursing student and this is my first semester. It definitely has been a STRUGGLE! I am not doing well at ALL! Therefore, that has led my parents to get on me and my teachers have been saying I should just give up. That's not exactly something you want to hear! I have been so stressed out with school that I haven't exactly been the best friend to God. So today, I went to check off on my last skills test and I failed. My instructor then proceeds to tell me that I am a very weak student and I should just change my major. I started feeling so mad and sad! I get home and I decide I need to spend time with God. Therefore, I follow Heather Lindsey's advice on quiet time, listen to worship music and usually I use my phone to read the bible, but today I decided to get the actual bible. I pray to God to show a specific verse if it is will and lo and behold, he does! He reveals to me Matthew 17. Therefore, I start reading and I am like "okay this may have something to do with me". It wasn't until I got to verse 19, "Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out? “ He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly, I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” I was like WOW! This had everything to do with what I was going through! This was the first time God had revealed to me a specific verse! So to wrap things up, you have to have FAITH! God did not bring me through all this to so that I could give up! He has a purpose for everything! In Jeremiah 29:11, God says  "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." He birthed us before our mothers did! We have to have faith! Therefore, what you got a bad grade, having financial issues, going through a breakup, or just having anxiety! God cannot work in your life if you don't FIRST believe that he and you will get through this! Remember God wants all of us! So spend time with God daily! Just like you wouldn't want a friend to always call you up for stuff but never hangs out with you, God doesn't want us to keep asking for things and we don’t even spend time with him! Spend time with God and he will manifest what you faith in (only if its according to his purpose)!

5 comments:

  1. Hold on to his promises. .he will never leave his children hanging ♥love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I saw your post on pinky promise and decided to check out your blog. Don't give up girl. Ignore the haters. My friend transferred from a two year college to my four year college her junior year. She majored in Econ, both of us did, and professors told her the same things: "you should give up" "try a new major" "Econ is not for you & etc..." She ignored the haters. Pressed forward anyways with God giving her strength & she graduated last May with me receiving a BA in Economics & on top of that is now teaching economics to high school students. So kindly smile in their faces & keep on keepin on. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caitlin, great post! Sometimes you have to encourage yourself and praise your way through! I also wanted to add to Mathew 17 to note that in vese 21 KJV), Jesus sums up what it takes drive out demon-possession. Mathew 17:21 (KJV) "Howbeit, this kind goeth not out but by prayer and FASTING". Fasting was not found in the New International Version, but it's such a key component in our Christian walk. We gotta fast when lead!

    ReplyDelete