Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Purity Prayer Challenge Day 1

Hello Ladies! Well today is the start of the purity prayer challenge! Why Is Purity Important? In the Romans 12:1, it states "to present your body as living and holy sacrifice acceptable to God". Also, in 1 Corinthians 16-20, it states that "our bodies are temples belonging to God". What do these verses mean exactly? They mean that God has paid a price for our bodies and God has specific purpose for us. He paid that price so we could have everlasting life! There is on catch-We have to remain pure! There are different ways to remain pure but the most important one that young adults have trouble dealing with is sexual purity. In 1 Corinthians 7:3, the bible talks about sex is reserved for a husband and wife. The bible does NOT state anything about sex is for a boyfriend and girlfriend! Actually, no where in the bible does it talk about boyfriends and girlfriends! Just had to put that out there! The world likes to twist words and have people thinking "you gotta try before you buy", "nothing is wrong with it", or "that's what couples in love do". Real Godly couples that are trying to glorify God don't do have sex. I understand temptation can creep around the corner and that's why I created this challenge so we can strengthen our purity! Prayer: Dear God, I come to you thanking you for the price that you paid for me. I want to make sure that each day I am glorifying you and not the world. Help me to refrain from sexual impurity and temptation. If there is anything that I am doing in my life that is not helping my purity, please remove it! We know that you have set a standard and help us to obey that standard! I know that your ways are not our ways! Your ways and plans are better than we could ever set for ourselves! If there are boyfriends that are not respecting our purity, remove them! If there are friends that aren't trying to hold us accountable, remove them! God I ask all of this in your name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. God Faithful DaughterJune 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM

    Amen. I love it Caitlin!!!

    ReplyDelete