Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Monday, June 23, 2014

Purity Prayer Challenge Day 12

Hello ladies! Happy Monday! Today I taught my first vacation bible school class. Since my major is elementary education, I thought it would be good experience. It sure was! I can honestly say it went better than I expected though :) The only problem I had was with a specific child in my class. He would never pay attention or seem to follow suite! It was irritating because he was missing out on all the fun things I was doing in my class. He was being OBEDIENT. Obedience is defined as the act or practice of obeying; dutiful or submissive compliance. In Exodus 23:22, it states “But if you carefully obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries." Sometimes we hear God's voice pulling our arms to let an ex go or to not watch a certain TV show and we simply wont obey. Then we wonder why the Devil is after us so hard! We could have easily dodged that broken heart by obeying our discerning spirit or those soul-ties! God's ways are so much better than we could have imagined! Let me make this personal! I have been single for AWHILE! Yes, I would love to be in a relationship but I know by me not obeying God wouldn't be the best thing for me! I cannot just sell my purity to a guy that's not even half the man God has for me just because I am tired of being single! I know that whoever God has for me will be worth the obedience! I don't want to miss out on that! Dear God, thank you for your guidance! Help us to follow through with our obedience! Help those girls to not sell their purity to someone not their husband! They are worth the wait! Help us to not get weary but wait on your BEST! In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. God is awesome! I think it is important for all single Christians to get to a point where we are content in our singleness. We need to be able to sincerely say "God, if it is just You and I forever, that is enough." Yes, some of us will desire to be in relationships and that is natural but we can't lose focus on Who really matters. What if God decides that we are better off single? What if the work that He requires us to do can only be done if we are single and have no attachments/family obligations? Will we be okay if we are the person that God predestined a single life for? Staying pure for the Lord is so important to Him.

    Keep glorifying God with this blog sis!! Love you!!

    Also, congrats on teaching your first VBS class!!!! :-D

    -Jazmin. M

    ReplyDelete