Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Purity Prayer Challenge Day 15

Hello ladies! Let's jump right in to the topic. My topic today is coming from James 1:13-14. That scriptures says "Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and He himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire." I know we all get tempted BUT, that temptation does not come from God it comes from our flesh! I have talked about ways to prevent temptation like not watching sexual movies or listening to sexual music. Also, having accountability partners is a good way as well. The most important way is to capture our thoughts! 2 Corinthians 10:5 says, To take every thought captive. I have had to struggle with this but last weekend, I got SERIOUS! I downloaded the BibleLock Screen App and it was free on the iPhone. This is a wonderful app to keep us reminded about God! Every time an impure thought came into my head I would act like I was saving a document and decide to recycle the thought out of my head! Dear God, thank you for your mercies each day. Help us to shut our thoughts up! Help us to submit to you and not the work of the Devil! In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment