Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Friday, June 20, 2014

Purity Prayer Challenge Day 9

Hello ladies! So today I came across a blog written by a girl that use to go to my college. The blog post was titled, "Show A Little Skin, Make A Little Love". Interesting title right? I began reading and instantly the word "insecure" came across my eyes. The girl was describing a time she recently hung out with friends and she felt insecure about her outfit. On the other hand, her tall, skinny friend was dressed in a crop top and tight pants. Her friend was considered "hot" and got hit on all night. The girl kept wondering why she wasn't getting hit on and felt like a loser. End of the story was she stopped feeling sorry for herself and started acting confident. She discovered that she wanted a guy to fall in love with her mind and not her clothes. I know this has to happen at least every girl! I know its happen to me! Just last semester, I started to feel like I dressed too conservative and that was the reason no guy ever approached me! Now I am more in love with myself than ever! Psalm 139:14 says "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made". We have to remember who we belong to! We are God's children and His timing is perfect! God is going to reveal to you the right guy at the right time! In the meantime, don't allow your insecurities to persuade you to have sex with a guy because you think that's what he will like or don't continue to stay in a sex-based relationship because you like the attention. Also, girls, we shouldn't feel like we need to bare all just to get the attention of a BOY. If we are looking to have our wife status fulfilled, we need to dress like we think our future husbands want to see us. Proverbs 31:10 says, "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." Our character matters more than what we wear. A MAN will want to protect your purity, not steal it! Dear God, thank you for this day. Thank you for dying on the cross for us! Lord, help us ladies to not feel insecure! Help us to look for your approval and not the approval of boys! Help us to respect you and ourselves by the way we dress! In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment