Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Friday, November 14, 2014

Faking A Relationship With Chirst

Hello ladies! I know it’s been a while but God has been moving in my life! I'm starting a girls’ ministry at my church so that has kind of taken all of my time lol. But I’m back! Just recently, I was thinking about how God has brought a sister a long way! Lol. For me to be in this wonderful place in my life is an amazing feeling. I honestly never knew I could be this happy with God.....To have my happiness not depend on material possessions or relationships but Him! I even told someone that I was so happy I can say I’m living for God! I no longer have to fake my relationship with Christ! You may ask what does that mean. It means I know God and He knows me. In Matthew 7:23, it states "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” One day we will have to give an account of what we did on this Earth and Jesus will either deny or accept us. Most importantly, we shouldn't just want to be in the right relationship with God because we want to go to Heaven. God has been too good to us for us just to dismiss Him! He is worthier than any other job, friend, boyfriend or anything else! God is so deserving of all the glory and praise! He is the Alpha and the Omega! Second Corinthians 2:17 states, “We are not like so many others, who handle God's message as if it were cheap merchandise; but because God has sent us, we speak with sincerity in his presence, as servants of Christ.” So what do I mean by faking a relationship with Christ? Fake is defined as to prepare or make something specious, deceptive, or fraudulent. Before I got serious about my relationship with Christ, I was faking it. I went to church every Sunday and said my prayers each morning and night. I would even defend an idea that seemed ungodly. On the contrary, my heart was FAR from God! I was wearing God on the outside but on the inside I was wearing jealousy, insecurity, bitterness, and just ugliness. I never truly had faith that God wanted the best for me. It was all smoke and mirrors. Instead I looked to other things to make me happy, being deceived they could bring me long-lasting happiness. It wasn't even until just a few months ago, that I came to realization that God is the only person that can bring me true happiness. In Jerimiah 29:11, it states “for the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you.” When I finally surrendered myself to God and His will for my life, I gained more than I ever could find in being worldly. Because I now have an authentic relationship with Christ, God is moving in my life and He trusts me to do His will. Lastly, being about your Father's business, is AMAZING! It feels so good to say I'm doing God's work and that I'm helping someone see God's love. Don't let anyone try to talk you out of being a TRUE servant of Christ! There's nothing in the WORLD that can compare to being in the relationship with God! Don't play catfish with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment