Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Feeling Stuck: Discontentment

Hello ladies and gentlemen! So as of lately, I have been feeling a stuck. What do I mean? Well, I mean I still have a year left in college and I'm stuck living in my hometown until then. Also, I feel stuck financially because I don't have the means to do what i want to do. So I am already feeling "stuck" and now it seems like all of my peers are moving and getting these great jobs, basically moving up in their life! Of course, I am so very happy for all of my peers, but I just feel discontent where I am! Then, God convicted me! FYI, I have a love/hate relationship with conviction! Anyhow, God led me to a couple of scriptures.


Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.-Galatians 5:26

“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5,
This verse should give put your mind to ease. It is an amazing feeling knowing God thought us of us BEFORE we were even born! Most importantly, we should take account into the "set apart" in this verse. The definition of apart is used after a noun to indicate that someone or something has distinctive qualities that mark them out from other people or things. You have distinct qualities that no one else has! These qualities will help you fulfill God's plan for your life!

A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. Proverbs 14:30
Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look
forward to sharing God’s glory.-Romans 2:5

Let me summarize these scriptures for you. Galatians 5:26 and Proverbs 14:30 are very similar because they talk about becoming content. They also talk about not becoming jealous about others accomplishments. Jeremiah 1:5 and Romans 2:5 are similar because they discuss how God has brought us to this specific place in our lives.


How Can I Get Over This Discontentment?

1) Spend time with God daily!
- Try to wake up every morning before you start you day and spend time with Him! This will change your outlook on the day! Trust me, I have done it before!


2) Don't compare yourself to others!
- Meditate on scripture that will help you remember God's has specific plans just for you!

3) Have a mind of of thankfulness!
- Be thankful for every circumstance!

4) Remove Distractions out of your life!
- It's easy to get down and out when you are scrolling on social media all day! Go on a fast from social media! Do something meaningful with your life! Don't just wallow in your discontentment!

No comments:

Post a Comment