Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Monday, December 28, 2015

Trust the Process




Hello my sisters in Christ! There are only about 3 days left in 2015! Can you all believe it? I cannot! We all know what happens at the end of the year. People tend to reflect about months passed. Well, my reflection is a little different. It really is a revelation. I was sitting down, chatting on groupme. The topic was brought up about friends, who are sometimes insecure. Well, I gave a little testimony about how I was glad God removed me from a friendship. That is when I got my revelation! The revelation is that I am truly okay in this season God has me in! God is my EVERYTHING and that is enough for me! Let me elaborate!


In Fall 2013, God, for whatever reason, removed the majority of my friends! It was heartbreaking. I was used to always doing stuff with friends!! was used to not searching for activity! It was a hard time for me! Spring 2014 was also a hard time for me! I was hurt that people who I thought were my friends would hurt me! Well, all of those tests that I went through, built my stamina! I remember one particular time, I was just HURT! I prayed out to God, like never before! After a good talk with God, I was good! From that point on, I decided that if I had God on my side, I had all the strength to get through every test!

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. ... James 1:2

Fast forward to Fall 2014, I started being comfortable in this new season of my life. I found my purpose and was focused on accomplishing my Kingdom assignment. I was now in my classes for Elementary Education and loved it! Also, I started the GLAM Girls Ministry at my church and was busy working in my sorority. I did have tests of loneliness, but I leaned on God. Last Spring was a challenging semester for me. I had difficult classes and was stressed trying to make sure I got into the rest of my education classes. I also, dealt with loneliness and wanting to escape this season of my life. I had a lot of peers that were graduating that Spring, and kept thinking how come that wasn't me! Well, I wrote in my journal to God and I made up in my mind that I was going to rejoice in whatever situation I was in!

Romans 12:12 New International Version
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.


Now Fall 2015 is almost over and I have once again, passed those tests of loneliness! I am proud to say I passed all of my Praxis Tests for education and got accepted into internship! I laugh when I think there was a time that I was so lonely and acted like my life was over! God is a restorer and He is so faithful! Life is amazing, but God is even more amazing! Remember to trust the process! Proverbs 3:5-6 says to Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment