Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Thursday, December 22, 2016

My Year of Faith

Hey y'all! I know I have not blogged in FOREVER! However, this year has been the most life-changing one yet! For those that do not remember, I was an Elementary Education major. Before, I got my internship assignments, I prayed so hard! Lo and behold, one of those assignments was for a school and grade I was not too fond of. However, I knew that if God was guiding me here, He would also get me through! Internship started and like most Seniors, I wanted a job when I graduated college. I made the deceleration that "By Faith", I was going to believe God was going to provide me with a job. And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Internship came and went and I discovered that some of my classmates had already found jobs. I started to think that I was too late. Then, I thought back to Hebrews 11:6. Ironically, the last day of internship, I got my first job interview. Let's rewind and let me to tell you small fact about me. I always desired a teaching position in either grades 1st-3rd. Consequently, my first job interview was for a 3rd-6th grade position. Beggars can't be choosers right? The next interview I had was for a K-2nd position. When I walked into the school, I just felt, "This is my school!" I aced the preliminary interview and moved on to the final interview.

All the while this was occurring, I was also looking for a part-time job. I applied multiple places and I began to get discouraged that I wasn't going to be able to get a job this summer. I finally surrendered to God and prayed to Him. He immediately told me to go to this particular church for bible study. I was obedient and ironically, the small group leader was teaching on faith! I left the bible study feeling empowered and had a renewed trust in God. While I was in bible study, a soror had put in our groupme asking did anyone need a job and that she knew of a place. Unfortunately, I was too late and the position had been filled. I went to bed just reflecting on Romans 8:31. "If God is for us, who can be against us". The next morning, I was still reflecting on how awesome God is and how He never lets us down. Ironically, I got call from the same Soror and she was stated they had an opening and needed a person immediately. All I could do is jump for joy! When I got to the place, I saw several people and they were telling me how they had to interview and go through a process. I'm reminded by the verse, Be still and know that I am God Psalm 46:10. Sometimes we need a reminder that God is BIGGER than any issue in our life! Let God work it out for you!

Now, back to the job hunting. So even though I was go gun-ho and thought the K-2nd position was mine, indeed it was not mine. I was undoubted upset that I did not get the position, but I remembered to have faith and that God was going to provide. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 Sure enough, He did! I was blessed to receive a teaching position at a school nearby. However, it was for a grade I didn't particularly want. As I reflect on this first few months of teaching, I am overjoyed. I was fortunate to get a teaching job after graduation at an awesome school and an even awesome class!


Let's fast forward to October. So God had been telling to me to start a women's bible study and of course, I sat on what God told me to do. I was anxious and couldn't believe that God would give me this assignment? I thought, "Who would want to come to a bible study led by me?". However, God kept telling me October 27! He also gave me the scripture, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding", Proverbs 3:5-6. So I couldn't ignore Him any longer! I decided on a date and a place. When that day came, I was nervous! I prayed to God that He would allow whoever needed to be there would come!


Whew, that is a lot of faith tested! This year has been such a growth year for me. I've grown to not only just say, "God is faithful", but to truly believe it in my heart! Every-time I seem discouraged, I just bask in the awesomeness God has done this year!

Here are some of my favorite scriptures:

Luke 1:45 New International Version
Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!"

Isaiah 41:10 New International Version
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Ecclesiastes 3:11New International Version (NIV)

11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.







No comments:

Post a Comment