Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Friday, May 25, 2018

College Beginnings: Staying True To Your Identity


Image result for college






Hello ladies and gentlemen! It is that time where high school seniors are graduating and preparing for a new season of their life in college.  As I reflect back on graduating from high school and college, here is some of my wisdom that I have learned. LOL. When I started college, I was a lukewarm christian! Freshman year, I was adjusting to college life and fitting in! My courses, for the most part, were easy. As an 18-year-old in a new environment,  I said my prayers and understood God, but I didn't respect Him. It is so easy to be a lukewarm Christian and forget your upbringing. Therefore, forgetting your upbringing can lead you to be friends with just anybody! That's exactly what happened to me!


2 Corinthians 5:17 ES

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

1 Peter 2:9 ESV

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

John 15:5 ESV

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.


These scriptures should help you remember who you really are. Nothing can substitute the identity that you have in Christ. Not even a new group of friends, sorority, organization, relationship, can do that.

What are some practical ways to keep your identity in Christ while at college?

1) Have quiet time with God every day!
2) Find a new church home!
3) Surround yourself with Godly friends!
4) Know when to say no to people!
5) Join positive organizations!
6) Pray to God to make the right decisions!









No comments:

Post a Comment