Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Come to the River




Hey yall! So I have a huge accomplishment that I want to share with you all! I completed my first food fast this past Lent season! For my food fast, I decided to do the Whole30. The Whole30 includes giving up sugar, grains, dairy, alcohol, and legumes.  I've done other fasts in the past, but never a food fast! Trust me....it has been attempted, but never completed!! So to have completed this, it's a big deal for me! I can bet fasting from food is a challenge for most us! However, it's the best form of fasting! The definition of spiritual fasting is to voluntarily abstain from something to gain a closer fellowship with God. When you fast, you are bowing down to God just to see Him. Again, I had fasted before, just never a fast food. Yes, it was difficult, but the outcome was worth it!

Benefits:
  • Clarity- Before the fast, my mind was all boggled! Now, I’m able to think clearer and hear Him more.

  • Hunger-I'm not talking about my physical hunger! LOL! Fasting has allowed my spiritual hunger to grow even more!! My soul has a burning desire for God.

  • Discipline-Lastly, my disciplined has reached new heights! Granted, I had to build up to this new discipline. There were days, I had a moment of weakness! However, I can say it was a win-win situation! After doing this fast, if I can be this discipline for this, I’m excited to see about other situations!


God wants us to be the best version of us! We can only do that if our minds and souls are focused! Therefore, we all need to take a step back and fast. If there’s a situation you need clarity on, fast! If you feel like you aren't as close to God, fast! For more information, go to http://21days.churchofthehighlands.com/fasting

Love yall!




No comments:

Post a Comment