Like What You See?

Like What You See?

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Year of Intentionality - Moving Forward

Image result for intentional




Hello everyone! I know. I know it has been way too long!! I'm back in full force this year!! 2017 was a stagnant year for me. I sat and allowed my flesh to be in the forefront instead of my faith. Too many times I sat in doubt, insecurity, and lack instead of sitting in Jesus's presence.

Speaking of Jesus'  presence, I stopped having my quiet time with God. Instead of studying in my bible and saying my prayers, I looked at the world for my comfort. Foolish, I know! However, God brought the theme of 2018 to me. I remember I was doing my normal “I forgot something at Walmart run” when God told me to be intentional with your time. He told me to stop wasting the precious time He had blessed me with! Now let me break down what it means to be intentional. According to Dictionary.com, intentionality is defined as

done with intention or on purpose; intended:

In basic terms, it means your plans are calculated! You are intentional about how and who you spend your time with. Now, don't get me wrong, I plan on having some exciting, intentional plans in 2018.

However, the person I need to be intentional about is Jesus! God loved us enough to give His only son so that we may have everlasting life! (John 3:16). Without God, I wouldn't be able to do anything!! For to us, a child is born, to us, a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace-Isaiah 9:6. I could fill up this whole entire blog on how awesome God is! Hopefully, you all get the gist. God is our everything! Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Do you realize that God has plans for all of his children? He just doesn't plop us here on Earth and say "Have fun!". There's a reason you are here! But, you will not ever receive God's plans for your life if you don't sit at His feet! This is the type of intentionality that is most important!

In 2018, I want to be more intentional about my relationship with Christ. What I mean by sit with Jesus, I mean to praise, listen, and worship God! Don't just pray a repetitive prayer and scan through a devotional, I mean really get honest with God! Put your favorite Pandora station or Youtube video list on and just bask in His presence!

Every good and perfect gift comes from Him (James 1:17). God doesn't want to leave you out of His plans in 2018, but you have to position yourself to receive them! 

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. - Philippians 3:13-14



Current favorite worship song:



No comments:

Post a Comment